Yes that’s right this week Lee and Dan are watching the 1984 film Gremlins which is a really hard film to classify so it’s been labelled a Science Fiction/Horror/Comedy.
- in a departure from every other week Dan and Lee had technical problems
- behold as the boys screw up Judge Reinhold’s name completely
- Lee potentially creates ‘a famous illustrator’ in his mind and sees him in this film
- was this released in the greatest weekend ever?
- Gremlins scare Dan and Lee (possibly Lee more than Dan…)
- Homages to other films including Spielberg’s
- Lee can’t even remember the town’s name
- Dan and Lee are loving Joe Dante
- Stephen King and the construction of character and then doing something horrible to them
- Dan identifies the connection to The Wizard of Oz
- Lee bangs on about the soundtrack
- The utter ridiculousness of the rules and the absence of science
- Lee explores the metaphysics of the gremlins
- Buffy the Gremlin Slayer – Dan is effing hilarious!!!
- Lee and Dan discuss the mother’s place amongst science fiction heroes Ripley and Connor – she goes all Chuck Norris
- Dealing with the dog
- Dan does a great Gizmo impression!!
- CGI vs Puppets
- Oh, no more points go listen to the podcast already!!!!
Next week Lee and Dan are watching Dragnet!
Don’t forget your goat leggings!!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Gremlins (1984),